You’ve told us that education of the whole team is integral to your practice. And you’ve asked for more sessions that enable the whole team to learn and work together for the benefit of your patients, your clients, and your practice.
This year CVC is debuting five exclusive, innovative session tracks, each developed to support the way you practice veterinary medicine today and to invite maximum interaction between you and the speakers. All are Two-way Learning sessions that will help your whole practice team to learn and work together for the benefit of your patients, your clients, and your practice.
dvm360 Full Circle seminars:
A fresh educational experience that puts you and your fellow attendees in the mix with dynamic, engaging speakers who will combine their clinical, practice management, and practice team perspectives on:
- Angry clients — Dr. Andrew Roark and Meghan Leigh Pierson
- Catering to cats — Dr. Elizabeth Colleran, Dr. Ruth MacPete, and Heather Prendergast
- Dentistry as a team sport — Dr. Heidi Lobprise, Bash Halow, and Vicki Byard
- Low stress patient handling payoffs — Dr. Jeannine Berger, Dr. Karen Felsted, and Melissa Spooner
The series will begin with morning and afternoon sessions on Friday, December 4. Bring the team to learn together and then work together to maximize patient outcomes, client relationships, and practice health.
Learn then Earn: Where medicine meets practice management
Are you an associate or practice owner who is hesitant to offer new technology and services because you’re unsure clients will see the value? In each Learn then Earn session, you’ll learn how to seamlessly connect clinical care and practice finances on:
- Diabetic patient monitoring
- Dental imaging
- Laser use in physical rehabilitation
- Pain management
Practice management expert Dr. Karen Felsted teams up with clinicians Dr. David Bruyette, Dr. Anthony Pease, Dr. Heidi Lobprise, Dr. Jennifer Wardlaw, and Dr. Andrew Claude
Your Practice Presence: Get Online & Go Off the Chart
This marketing seminar is designed to help you find and then act on answers to your most pressing practice marketing and client engagement questions:
- Is online marketing worth it? And how do I track it?
- How can I get my website seen
- How should I toot my practice’s horn to the world?
Feel free to bring your own practice-specific marketing issues and obstacles. The series will begin The series will begin Saturday afternoon, December 5 with three sessions.
In This Case: Real Discussions, Real Results
Designed to help attendees find solutions to their most confounding clinical cases, this series of technology-assisted seminars features:
- Access to online consultations and searches to facilitate audience participation and group problem-solving
- Actionable learning
- Classroom seating to increase visual access to online content
- Facetime and Google+ Hangout connections to enhance group discussion
Feel free to bring your own clinical case information. The series will begin on Saturday morning, December 5 with three solutions-oriented sessions.
Expert²: The Power of Interaction
Designed to encourage shared ideas and spark fresh treatment strategies, these sessions invite you to join the discussion via electronic polling and group problem-solving. Come to be heard or join to listen in on these interactive patient management presentations.