Behavior beyond “Come. Sit. Stay.” – Prepare to be INSPIRED!
Fearful or Fear FreeSM — How do your patients respond during veterinary visits? And how do you help your clients deal with the behavior issues that can make or break their relationships with their pets, and with you?
Take advantage of unique opportunities to interact, collaborate and problem-solve with experts and peers! Led by the profession’s foremost educators, CVC offers 21 behavior, Fear FreeSM, and low-stress, pet-friendly practice learning opportunities.
- Founder of the Fear Free initiative, Dr. Marty Becker, encourages us to “take the ‘pet’ out of petrified”.
- Discover Dr. Gary Landsberg’s recommended approaches to addressing abnormal repetitive behavior.
- Don’t miss Dr. Jonathan Bloom’s evening session Fear Free handling (in)action.
- Dr. E’Lise Christensen will share her quick, practical tips for owner-directed aggression in dogs and cats.
- Mikkel Becker seeks to help you educate clients on the benefits of behavior- and training-friendly practices
- Architect and Hospital Design Conference faculty member Heather Lewis, AIA, NCARB – a seriously devoted advocate of minimizing pets’ stress and anxiety during veterinary visits – will share her recommendations for low-stress hospital design and decor.
There’s something for everyone at CVC! Check out the 21 program sessions and these extra opportunities to learn from these inspiring thought leaders at CVC Kansas City, August 26 – 29.
Saturday, August 27 12:10 – 1:10 PM
- ASK THE EXPERT LUNCHEON with E’Lise Christensen, DVM, DACVB
Behavioral solutions: Present your case, leave with a plan (Registration fee: $50)
- EVENING SESSION with Jonathan Bloom, DVM
Fear FreeSM handling (in)action
Sunday, August 28 12:15 – 1:15 PM
- ASK THE EXPERT LUNCHEON with Jonathan Bloom, DVM
Implementing Fear Free handling in general practice — A real-life experience. (Registration fee: $50)
Sunday, August 28 1:30 – 5:30 PM
- CLINICAL TECHNIQUES COURSE with Mikkel Becker, CPDT and Gary Landsberg, DVM, DACVB, DECAWBM
From fearful to Fear FreeSM: How to help your veterinary patients relax and cooperate (Registration fee: $255)